Why choose this course
The Extended MSc International Business with Data Analytics integrates the stand alone Graduate Certificate programme to allow entry for students with equivalent to a standard degree (third class, pass or ordinary).
The Graduate Certificate stage consists of three modules, Research Methods for Postgraduate Studies, Enterprise Development and Academic essentials. It is a preparatory course that will provide you with a solid foundation in the skills needed for progression on to the MSc International Business with Data Analytics stage. Students, who successfully complete the Graduate Certificate stage with a minimum overall average mark of 50%, will be in a position to progress directly to the MSc International Business with Data Analytics stage.
All modules are core.
- Research Methods for Postgraduate Studies – 20 credits
- Academic Essentials – 20 credits
- Enterprise Development – 20 credits
MSc International Business with Data Analytics
- Level 7 MSc Workshop – 0 credits
- Global Business in Context – 15 credits
- International Finance – 15 credits
- Global Marketing & Sales Development – 15 credits
- The Digital Landscape – 15 credits
- Data Analytics for International Business – 15 credits
- Global Strategy Development & Implementation – 15 credits
- International Business Research Skills – 15 credits
- International Entrepreneurship – 15 credits
And one of the following modules
- Dissertation – 60 credits
- Applied Research Project – 60 credits
Course duration and content structure
Course duration: 15 Months
The MSc International Business with Advanced Practice aims to allow students to acquire mastery of both the macro and micro contexts of international business, with the addition of either an internship or applied consulting project. It is designed to enable students to build, develop, and integrate international business theory, and develop the skills to then apply this in terms of international business practice. The Advanced Practice element offers students the opportunity to gain valuable workplace environment experience.
Applicants must hold at least:
- A third class or pass in a bachelors degree in any discipline, or equivalent; or
- A pass in a non-honours degree with any classification in any discipline, or equivalent; or
- 3 year Diploma (DAZhuan) or equivalent (China only)
If you are unsure whether your qualifications meet the entry requirements, please contact us and one of our team will contact you to discuss your options.
English language requirements
Applicants must satisfy our general entry requirements as well as meeting specific requirements.
You will need to provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English (GCSE grade 4 – previously grade C – or equivalent).
The general entry requirements are any of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5, or equivalent
- HKDSE English Language – Grade 4 overall with no less than 3 in any of the 4 sub skills
- Indian Standard XII English – Minimum of 70% (in Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Indian Certificate in Secondary Education (ICSE) only)
- WAEC – C6
If you do not have the required IELTS, you may be eligible to study on our Pre-Sessional programmes.
If you have IELTS 5.5, with a maximum one score of 5.0, you may be eligible to study on our Pre-Sessional Standard programme.
If you have IELTS 5.0, with a maximum one score of 4.5, you may be eligible to study on our Pre-Sessional Plus programme.
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.