Why choose this course
The MSc International Business consists of eight taught modules, Global Business in Context, International Finance, Global Marketing & Sales Development, The Digital Landscape, International HRM, Global Strategy Development & Implementation, International Business Research Methods, and International Entrepreneurship, and either a Dissertation or an Applied Research Project.
All modules are core.
- Level 7 MSc Workshop – 0 credits
- Global Business in Context – 15 credits
- International Finance – 15 credits
- Global Marketing & Sales Development – 15 credits
- The Digital Landscape – 15 credits
- International HRM – 15 credits
- Global Strategy Development & Implementation – 15 credits
- International Business Research Skills – 15 credits
- International Entrepreneurship – 15 credits
For students undertaking an internship
- Internship & Professional Development Project – 60 credits
For students not doing an internship
- Applied Consulting Project – 60 credits
And one of the following modules
- Dissertation – 60 credits
- Applied Research Project – 60 credits.
Course duration and content structure
Course duration: 21 Months
The MSc International Business with Advanced Practice aims to allow students to acquire mastery of both the macro and micro contexts of international business, with the addition of either an internship or applied consulting project. It is designed to enable students to build, develop, and integrate international business theory, and develop the skills to then apply this in terms of international business practice. The Advanced Practice element offers students the opportunity to gain valuable workplace environment experience.
Applicants must hold at least:
- A 2:2 (second class) honours degree or International equivalent
In exceptional circumstances, if you do not meet the entry requirements above but have substantial and significant experiential learning, you may be able to apply as a non-standard applicant.
Alternatively, you may be eligible to study our Extended MSc International Business with Advanced Practice which integrates our Graduate Certificate programme to allow entry for students with equivalent to a standard degree (third class, pass or ordinary). Upon successfully completing the Pre-masters Graduate Certificate with a minimum overall mark of 50%, you will be guaranteed progression on to the MSc International Business with Advanced practise.
Applicants must satisfy our general entry requirements as well as meeting specific requirements.
You will need to provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English (GCSE grade 4 – previously grade C – or equivalent).
The general entry requirements are any of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5, or equivalent
- HKDSE English Language – Grade 4 overall with no less than 3 in any of the 4 sub skills
- Indian Standard XII English – Minimum of 70% (in Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Indian Certificate in Secondary Education (ICSE) only)
- WAEC – C6
If you do not have the required IELTS, you may be eligible to study on our Pre-Sessional programmes.
If you have IELTS 5.5, with a maximum one score of 5.0, you may be eligible to study on our Pre-Sessional Standard programme.
If you have IELTS 5.0, with a maximum one score of 4.5, you may be eligible to study on our Pre-Sessional Plus programme.
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.