In today’s increasingly competitive corporate world, leading enterprises demand people with demonstrable management skills and abilities. BTEC Higher Nationals are recognised by employers around the world for their emphasis on developing practical skills alongside specialist knowledge and understanding of an industry or sector. With their strong focus on technical skills, they help to address the high-level technical skills shortage that’s an important issue in the UK and globally. Assessment is through practical assignments to more accurately reflect the real working environment. Through this engaging approach to learning, you will be ready to face the challenges of the modern business world armed with the hands-on skills employers’ demand.
Units – Level 4 (HNC Business)
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
Units – Level 5 (HND Business)
- Research Project.
- Organisational Behaviour
- Identifying Entrepreneurial Opportunities
- Launching a New Venture
- Managing and Running a Small Business
Course duration and content structure:
- Level 4 – Up to 30 weeks (90 Sessions)
- Level 5 – Delivery – 60 Online + 30 Face to Face
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business provides its learner the realistic and appropriate career-related opportunities worldwide for 21st-century employment markets. Students who successfully completed Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business qualification can progress onto Year 2 of our Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business or Year 2 in Degree programme at many universities.
Career opportunities after Level 4 and 5
- Business development and consultancy
- Financial and risk analysis
Students will have one of the following:
- A level 3 qualification, preferably in Business
- An Access to Higher Education certificate awarded by an approved FE college
- Work related experience for a minimum of 5 years
- GCE Advanced Level study demonstrating strong performance in more than one subject, in addition to GCSE grades A-C in English and Mathematics.
English language skills
will be assessed by the college through initial assessment equivalent to CEFR level B2, where the student has completed a level 3 course in business in the UK. In all other cases CEFR level B2 certificate from an approved awarding body in UK will be used as the entry criteria for competence in English language for this course. There will also be a one to one interview sessions to understand students’ motivations to learn.
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.