This Industry focused 2 year Diploma delivered by leading University in the UK, prepares you for a successful Management career by providing a solid understanding of key Business and Management principles and practices.
Through case studies, engaging projects and group work you will encounter the real-world business situations faced by today’s Managers. You will examine key areas such as Marketing, Finance and Negotiation, giving you an invaluable overview of Business.
This 15 modules course covers the essential elements of business operations through group projects, practical assignments and class collaboration – to more accurately reflect the real working environment.
Pearson BTEC HNC Route onto BA Year 2 and Year 3 University of Chester
Pearson BTEC HNC/HND to BA Year 3 Route University of Chester
Course content could include:
- Core units covering essential underpinning knowledge and skills.
- A wide range of optional units focusing on specialist knowledge.
- Different qualification pathways reflecting specialist areas in some sectors.
- Locally devised units reflecting the needs of your area.
Course duration and content structure
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) – 1 year (8 Modules)
- Higher National Diploma (HND) – 2 years (15 Modules)
Assuming all modules are passed within the year. Modules are assessed by coursework, there are no examinations.
The course is divided into two years with 8 modules studied in each year as detailed in the table below:
If a student:
- Passes in all 8 Modules listed below in Year 1, they will be awarded a Higher National Certificate (HNC).
- Passes in all 15 Modules listed below in Year 1 and 2, they will be awarded a Higher National Diploma (HND).
Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a successful Business Project(Pearson set)
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting
Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business
- Research Project(Pearson set)
- Organisational Behaviour
- Financial Reporting
- Pitching and Negotiation Skills
- Business IT Systems
- Statistics for Management
- Customer Value Management
There are no particular entry requirements for this qualification. Candidates who enter with at least two of the following are likely to benefit more readily from a Business programme:
- a BTEC National, Advanced GNVQ or AVCE in Business or in a related subject (e.g. Tourism, Hospitality and Catering).
- at least one GCE A Level pass in a relevant subject with appropriate supporting passes at GCSE.
- an Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved Further Education institution.
- Appropriate work experience.
- IEL TS 5.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component, or equivalent.
|Course / Duration||Fees|
|HND (Business) (2 years)||£6,165 per year|
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying a Higher National Certificate or Higher National Diploma (HND) you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.
Student Loans & Student Grants
A loan to cover your tuition fees and a maintenance loan towards your expenses. The loan is paid directly into your bank account at the start of term. You have to pay the loan back.
The student grant is paid into your bank account at the start of term. Additional money (up to £3,250) for qualifying full-time students only, which you will not have to pay back.
Learn more. https://www.gov.uk/student-finance
Help for Students with Children
Full-time higher education students with children can apply for a Childcare Grant that provides additional money for childcare costs or other financial support for parents.
Learn more. https://www.gov.uk/childcare-grant
Are you eligible?
Click Here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
If you are not sure, then please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
- Gain a high knowledge of business studies in a practical way.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification.
- Progress from the HNC to HND or final year of a University Bachelor degree in Management, Marketing or Accounting and Finance.
- Progress onto a professional or specialist qualification, such as Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Gain knowledge in subjects such as Business Law, IT, Accounting and Marketing, enabling entrepreneurs wishing to start their own business to have the necessary skills to do so.