The students who wish to study business thoroughly, this qualification is perfect. The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Business is a 60-credit Ofqual regulated qualification and is the equivalent level to an A Level or Access to HE qualification. It has been designed for learners who wish to progress to a business or management degree but may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required. You will cover a range of business sectors, how they are funded, business and management techniques and the theory required to be a successful manager or leader.
The course is made up of units – each unit is worth a number of credits. To achieve the Extended Diploma in Business at Level 3 learners need to achieve 60 credits over a 15 week period.
Course content could include:
- How Businesses Operate The key features of an organisation and its importance are explored, including finance, leadership, HR, marketing, managing data and customer service.
- Marketing Principles and Techniques An introduction to marketing is provided, followed by a look at research, analysis and promotional techniques.
- Academic and Research Skills for Business This unit is for understanding one’s own academic strengths and weaknesses and developing research papers using a variety of skills.
- Communication Skills for Business A look at how communication is used in business and how one’s own communication skills can be developed to effectively present information and ideas.
Course duration and content structure:
15 weeks (30 Sessions) Delivery – 20 Online + 10 Face to Face
Successful completion of the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma will enable you to progress to Higher Education studying for an HND, AAT or Degree in a business-related subject. Or you might decide to go directly into a range of jobs in areas such as Accounts, Marketing, Personnel or Retailing.
Potential career routes in the Business industry:
- Company secretary
- Customer service
- Financial analyst
- Financial project management
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Pension and insurance administration
- Product promotion
Students should have one of the following:
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- Other related level-2subjects
- Other equivalent international qualifications
- Age 19+
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.