Why choose this course
Studying BA (Hons) Business Management (Healthcare) with Foundation Year will give you wide-ranging and specialist knowledge in business and management, together with a basket of skills to improve your ability to learn and gain employment. The inclusion of specialist business modules in the field of healthcare will also help you prepare for a career specifically in this sector.
The Foundation Year is designed to introduce you to key concepts in business and management along with modules that develop your fundamental skills in mathematics and academia to prepare you for the first year of undergraduate study.
Why choose this course
Year 0 (Foundation Year)
- Fundamentals of Business Mathematics
- Academic Writing and Research Skills for Business
- Introduction to Business
- Management Foundation Project
- Entering Academia (0 credit)
- Quantitative Methods for Business
- Financial Concepts of Business
- Management Concepts (15 credits)
- People Management (15 credits)
- Marketing Theory and Practice
- Business Environment (15 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- Principles of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (15 credits)
- Management Information Systems (15 credits)
- The Healthcare Sector: Provision, Policy and Funding
- Operations Management
- Workforce Management (15 credits)
- Professional Communication (15 credits)
- Managing and Leading in the Healthcare Sector
- Strategic Management
- Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise in the Healthcare Sector
Successful completion of the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma will enable you to progress to Higher Education studying for an HND, AAT or Degree in a business-related subject. Or you might decide to go directly into a range of jobs in areas such as Accounts, Marketing, Personnel or Retailing.
Potential career routes in the Business industry:
- Company secretary
- Customer service
- Financial analyst
- Financial project management
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Pension and insurance administration
- Product promotion
Graduates from Business programmes enter a wide range of general business positions including Business Consultants, Executives, Managers, Researchers and Entrepreneurs. Pathway specific modules help to prepare graduates for a range of business and management careers in the healthcare sector. Many go on to study postgraduate programmes.
This programme provides the skills required for the world of work, and more particularly in business, management, marketing, accounting and healthcare-related areas.
To study this programme, you will need to meet the following entry requirements:
48 UCAS points or equivalent
Minimum grade 4 (previously grade C) in GCSE Maths and English language, or equivalent
English language requirements
IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component), or equivalent
As part of the admissions process, you will have to attend either an academic or admissions interview. The admissions interview helps us determine why you applied for the course of your choice and also learn more about you. The academic interview is offered for applicants who do not meet standard entry requirements or are returning to education. During the interview, we will assess your knowledge in a particular field. Mature applicants with relevant work experience are also welcome to apply.
We are committed to our prospective students to understand the costs and funding for them if they choose to apply in our partner universities. Studying with us is a real investment in your future; if you are studying Level 3 you may be eligible for funding through Student Finance.