Writing an essay often seems to be a dreaded task among students. Many students often find it overwhelming and the below steps can help in easing the task into manageable parts.
1. Pick a topic
Choose any TOPIC that interests you.
2. Plan the essay
Write down the points or ideas about the topic that comes to your mind like some key points, events or examples.
3. Write - divide essay into paragraphs
- First paragraph – Introduce the topic. Your Essay can start off with an interesting quote from any book or article or stated by a famous personality or a research. However, remember that it should relate to the topic you are writing about.
- Body of the Essay – You can include examples and events and split them in 2 to 4 paragraphs. Describe more about the topic in this section of the Essay.
- Last paragraph – This is your conclusion. Sum up or Summarize what you wrote in the previous paragraphs and make a strong final statement.
- Read your Essay over. Look for any spelling or grammatical mistakes.
- Have a friend to read it over and give you feedback.